YMCA employees who average at least 10 hours per week may be eligible for free or discounted membership and discounts on programs.
The YMCA of Darke County is seeking qualified applicants for a Property Manager to maintain both our Greenville and Versailles facilities, equipment and grounds. Hours vary, some evenings and weekends required.
-Provides overall coordination of facility maintenance, including planning and developing
preventative maintenance for facilities, equipment, and grounds.
-Coordinates and works with outside contractors for grass mowing, snow removal, and tree maintenance.
– Develops, implements, and documents a preventative maintenance program for all major systems and equipment in the facility as needed including: climate control and HVAC systems, electrical, water/sewer systems, pumps, and boiler systems.
-Performs improvements, repairs, and maintenance to buildings and equipment. Operates all tools safely.
-Completes repair work and projects in a timely manner.
– Works with outside agencies such as fire, health, building depts., etc. to ensure compliance with all local, state and federal regulations.
– Responsible for pool maintenance, chemistry of the water and the safe operation of the swimming pool.
-Ensures that assigned vehicles (and other equipment) are maintained and operated in accordance with the policies and procedures of the YMCA.
-Responsible for overall building security including building keys, alarm system, and overall security of YMCA facilities and equipment.
-Responsible for the annual maintenance shutdown, including timeline development, coordination with applicable department staff, and timely communication to members.
-Knowledge of state and federal safety guidelines including those related to OSHA and HIPPA; ensure YMCA adherence to such guidelines. Ensures material safety data sheets are maintained.
Prospective applicants must be able to lift 50 pounds, bend, stand, stoop and walk. Mechanical aptitude is required, as well as general maintenance ability.
Salary is $30,000-$35,000 per year, commensurate with experience, plus benefits including membership, childcare discount, vacation, personal days and retirement, as well as health, dental, vision, life and short- and long-term disability insurance.
Submit resume/application at 301 Wagner Ave. or send to the attention of Sam Casalano, CEO, at firstname.lastname@example.org
FRONT DESK MEMBER SERVICES ASSOCIATE – Versailles Branch
The Versailles position is for our opening shift, Monday- Friday, 5:15 am- 9:00 AM
The Front Desk Member Services Associate staff will be responsible for providing a high level of customer service to Y members, program participants and guests.
MSAs should display the Y values of caring, honesty, respect, and responsibility. They will greet and assist all members, guests and program participants. They will interact with the members and uphold the member experience standards. They will be the daily point of contact for members, determining their needs and offering solutions to meet these needs.
Scope and Responsibilities:
- Greet and welcome members.
- Actively interact and engage with members and prospects to determine needs; directing to the appropriate lead (i.e. Membership Director, Program Director, etc) when necessary.
- Handle member requests and questions; problem solving.
- Gather and record member data in member profiles.
- Facilitate member-to-member engagement.
- Maintain cleanliness and organization of front desk area and lobby.
- Provides information and assistance related to membership rates, programs, services, scholarships and other Y amenities.
- Prepares member records and issues membership ID cards and handles registration/enrollment transactions.
- Assist with membership business and administrative tasks.
- Support the YMCA’s mission and center operations as needed.
- Report any items that may provide a health or safety hazard to staff, members or guests to the maintenance staff.
- Greet all guests as they enter the facility and adhere to sign-in/out, guest, visitor, monitoring youth in the facility and other relevant policies and procedures. Report any suspicious behavior and violations of policy and procedures to your supervisor.
- Must be able to work some evenings and weekends.
- Must have high school diploma or GED and basic knowledge of computers.
- Must be able to work in highly flexible, rapidly changing work environment
- Must have excellent written and verbal communications skills.
- Applicants should apply in person or send resume to Cole De’Nise at email@example.com
Qualified applicants can apply in person at 301 Wagner Ave. or submit resume to Mattilyn Lance, Assistant Child Development Center Director, in Greenville at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Nationally recognized Lifeguard Certification required.
Lifeguards are responsible for the supervision & safety of members and program participants while swimming, exercising or otherwise in the pool. Qualified candidates must be at least 16 years old with a nationally recognized Lifeguard Certification, and must demonstrate a commitment to the Y core values of caring, honesty, respect and responsibility.
-Our Versailles branch is looking for a daytime lifeguard for between 16-20 hours per week.
Applicants for Versailles may send application/resume to Cole De’Nise at email@example.com
SWIM LESSON INSTRUCTORS
The YMCA of Darke County is hiring swim lesson instructors. Candidate should bring a positive attitude and desire excellence. Must enjoy interacting with children and have ability to lift a small child.
Swim lesson instructors will provide direct leadership, instruction and motivation for students in swimming classes, and should also have the ability to communicate information on Y programs effectively and positively with members, parents and students.
Experience is helpful but not required; the YMCA will provide training.
Salary commensurate with experience.
Qualified applicants can submit application/resume at 301 Wagner Avenue or send to Kaitlyn Strait, Aquatics Director, at firstname.lastname@example.org
GROUP EXERCISE INSTRUCTORS/WELLNESS COACHES
We are looking for individuals who are willing and able to lead groups in a safe, effective and fun exercise class! At this time we are taking applications for Silver Sneaker instructors for both our Greenville and Versailles locations.
Candidates should have prior experience as a participant in a variety of group exercise classes, and some experience teaching would be helpful, but is not required. Information on Silver Sneakers Instructor Certification can be found at: https://instructor.tivityhealth.com/
We are also hiring yoga instructors, and we are searching for a group exercise instructor who could lead a boot-camp style, high intensity exercise class.
Wellness Coaches provide guidance and help members learn to use the Y’s equipment and learn about various programs and classes at the Y that may help them achieve their health and wellness goals.
Interested candidates may submit application in person at either Darke County YMCA location, attention Jen Sturgill, Wellness Coordinator, or email to email@example.com