YMCA employees who average at least 10 hours per week may be eligible for free or discounted membership and discounts on programs.
FRONT DESK MEMBER SERVICES ASSOCIATE (MSA)
Responsibilities & Requirements:
The Front Desk Customer Service staff will greet, assist and provide a high level of customer service to all members, guests and program participants. They will interact with the members and uphold the member experience standards. They will be the daily point of contact for members, determining their needs and offering solutions to meet these needs.
Scope and Responsibilities:
- Greet and welcome members.
- Actively interact and engage with members and prospects to determine needs; directing to the appropriate lead (i.e. Membership Director, Program Director, etc) when necessary.
- Handle member requests and questions; problem solving.
- Gather and record member data in member profiles.
- Facilitate member-to-member engagement.
- Maintain cleanliness and organization of front desk area and lobby.
- Provides information and assistance related to membership rates, programs, services, scholarships and other Y amenities.
- Prepares member records and issues membership ID cards and handles registration/enrollment transactions.
- Assist with membership business and administrative tasks.
- Support the YMCA’s mission and center operations as needed.
- Report any items that may provide a health or safety hazard to staff, members or guests to the maintenance staff.
- Greet all guests as they enter the facility and adhere to sign-in/out, guest, visitor, monitoring youth in the facility and other relevant policies and procedures. Report any suspicious behavior and violations of policy and procedures to your supervisor.
- Must be able to work a variety of hours including days and evenings, holidays and at least one weekend per month.
- Must have high school diploma or GED and basic knowledge of computers
- Strong interpersonal skills with the ability to build rapport and credibility quickly.
- Must have excellent written and verbal communications skills.
Apply in person or submit resume to Tyler Roberts at firstname.lastname@example.org
Versailles and Greenville branches
The YMCA of Darke County is hiring lifeguards.
Lifeguards are responsible for the supervision & safety of swimmers in the swimming pool. Qualified candidates must be at least 16 years old with a nationally recognized Lifeguard Certification, and must demonstrate a commitment to the Y core values of caring, honesty, respect and responsibility. Training is available to the right candidates.
*Our Versailles branch is looking for a daytime lifeguard for between 16-20 hours per week.
*Our Greenville branch is looking for lifeguards for our opening shift. We also have morning and early shift availability.
Qualified applicants can apply in person or send resume to email@example.com
MANAGER ON DUTY
The Manager on Duty functions as a building manager and supervises our entire facility. The Manager on Duty enforces guidelines among members, guests, program participants and staff. The MOD delivers excellent service to all members, guests, and program participants, responds to member and guest needs, promotes memberships and programs, and maintains cleanliness and organization of the facility.
- Monitors the entire facility including the Wellness Center, weight room, gyms, tracks, hallways, and locker rooms. Enforces building rules and member code of conduct. Addresses incidents or violations immediately, in an assertive, yet professional and courteous manner.
- Prior to closing time, assures that the closing procedures are completed. Secures the building by checking all outside doors to make sure they are locked. Walks through the facility to assure that everyone is out, towels, balls and garbage, etc. is picked up, final laundry loads are complete, all lights are turned off and doors locked.
- Provides excellent service to members, guests, and program participants in the Y, contributing to member retention. Greets each member, making them feel welcome. Learns and uses member names and thanks them. Assists Member Services staff with assisting members, guests and participants as needed.
- Has working knowledge of all emergency procedures, understands the Manager on Duty’s role during an emergency, and responds to emergency situations immediately in accordance with YMCA policies and procedures. Keeps radio on and with them at all times. Completes related incident reports as required.
We are looking for someone who displays the YMCA values of caring, honesty, respect and responsibility. Excellent interpersonal and problem solving skills required. Supervisory experience preferred but not required. Previous customer service, sales or related experience preferred. Candidate must also possess the ability to effectively address issues and enforce guidelines, and to relate effectively to a diverse groups of people from all social and economic segments of the community. Basic knowledge of computers is also helpful.
Questions and/or applications and resumes should be directed to Tyler Roberts, Greenville, at firstname.lastname@example.org
Our Greenville Branch is looking to fill a part-time position for our Child Watch staff. Child Watch is a babysitting service for members to use while they are in the Y. Qualified candidate should enjoy working with children and demonstrate the Y character values of caring, honesty, respect and responsibility.
Child Watch hours in Greenville are M-F 8:30am – 11:30am and M-TH 4:00pm – 8:00pm. Applicants should apply in person or send resume to Tyler Roberts at email@example.com
The YMCA of Darke County, Greenville branch, is hiring a gymnastics instructor. Candidate must bring positive attitude and desire excellence. Ideal candidate should have tumbling and/or gymnastics experience and must enjoy interacting with children. Candidate should be able to provide quality experience to children and parents that focuses on the YMCA values: honesty, respect, responsibility, and caring.
Qualified applicants can apply in person or send resume to Tyler Roberts at firstname.lastname@example.org
Part-Time Cleaning Staff members are sought at our Greenville location. Responsibilities include thoroughly cleaning facility, locker rooms, restrooms, floors, workout equipment, etc. Prior experience not necessary, but preferred. Positions available are during 3rd shift hours (12am-5am), 3-5 days per week, and some weekends.
Qualified applicants can apply in person or submit resume to Tyler Roberts at email@example.com.
Group Exercise Instructors
We are looking for individuals who are willing and able to lead groups in a safe, effective and fun exercise class! We need indoor cycling instructors, aqua aerobics and pool classes, certified personal trainers, and more! Interested parties should apply to jsturgill@Ymcadarkecounty.org