YMCA employees who average at least 10 hours per week may be eligible for free or discounted membership and discounts on programs.
AQUATICS COORDINATOR- VERSAILLES
The YMCA of Darke County is looking for a qualified individual to oversee its aquatics department at the Versailles branch. Current lifeguard certification is required for the position; applicant must have current certification OR obtain within 30 days of hire. The Y will help train the right person. This is a part time position; supervisory experience preferred.
SUMMARY: The Aquatics Coordinator ensures the successful operation of the Aquatics Department. They serve as the aquatic expert during swim lessons, provide leadership and development of Aquatics Department staff, and ensure a high-quality aquatic experience.
FUNCTIONS: Facilitates communication and provides leadership which includes ensuring 100% staff coverage for all scheduled shifts and programs.
Coordinates training in CPR, First Aid, Lifeguarding, as needed.
Records, reports and ensures the accuracy of all aquatic records.
Assists with program activities as needed.
Maintains all instructional equipment, including proper usage and storage of class materials.
Assures compliance with state and local regulations. Ensures that program and membership standards are met and safety procedures are followed.
Organizes and assists with special events for members, participants and families.
Competitive pay rate offered; pay rate commensurate with experience. Submit application and resume in person at the YMCA of Darke County, 301 Wagner Ave., or send to Sam Casalano at firstname.lastname@example.org
Directs the maintenance and improvement operations of YMCA facilities and vehicles, including preventative maintenance and related budgets for both the Greenville and Versailles YMCA of Darke County facilities.
- Provides overall coordination of facility maintenance, including planning and developing
preventative maintenance for facilities, equipment, and grounds.
- Coordinates and works with outside contractors for grass mowing, snow removal, and tree maintenance. A careful, daily inspection of the grounds and outside facilities is required
- Develops, implements, and documents a preventative maintenance program for all major systems and equipment in the facility as needed including: climate control and HVAC systems, electrical, water/sewer systems, pumps, and boiler systems.
- Performs improvements, repairs, and maintenance to buildings and equipment. Operates all tools, including power tools, safely.
- Ensures the proper operation of all mechanical systems.
- Completes repair work and projects in a timely manner. Oversees all contractors that work in the facility and grounds for extensive repairs or projects outside of expertise. May request and review bids, and recommend selection of contractors.
- Works with outside agencies such as fire, health, building depts., etc. to ensure compliance with all local, state and federal regulations related to facilities and grounds.
- Works with Program Director to ensure proper maintenance of equipment related to wellness, team sports, aquatics activities and Childcare Center including the playground.
- Responsible for pool maintenance, chemistry of the water and the safe operation of the swimming pool. All health department and YMCA standards will be met.
- Advises management on maintenance issues and projects as requested and addresses all maintenance requests and work orders in a timely and efficient manner.
- Ensures that assigned vehicles (and other equipment) are maintained and operated in accordance with the policies and procedures of the YMCA.
- Responsible for overall building security including building keys, alarm system, and overall security of YMCA facilities and equipment.
- Responsible for the annual maintenance shutdown, including timeline development, coordination with applicable department staff, and timely communication to members.
- Knowledge of state and federal safety guidelines including those related to OSHA and HIPPA; ensure YMCA adherence to such guidelines. Ensures material safety data sheets are maintained.
- Ensures compliance with insurance requirements as they relate to the department.
- Experience in facility management or a related field.
- Working knowledge of mechanical, electrical and plumbing systems, carpentry, and other maintenance-related areas.
- Skills in supervision, budget management and project management.
- Ability and current license to drive with record that meets YMCA standards.
- Familiarity with personal computers helpful.
- Ability to respond to safety and emergency situations.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is often required to: climb stairs, bend, stoop, kneel, twist, reach with hands, sit, stand for an extended period of time, climb ladders, walk, shovel snow, plow snow, lift and/or move a minimum of 50 pounds, have finger dexterity, grasp, perform repetitive motions, talk, hear and have visual acuity.
The work is performed both indoors and out, and may require travel to various locations. While performing the duties of this job the employee is exposed to weather conditions prevalent at the time.
Qualified applicants should send application/resume to the attention of Sam Casalano, CEO, or email to email@example.com
Nationally recognized Lifeguard Certification required.
Lifeguards are responsible for the supervision & safety of swimmers in the swimming pool. Qualified candidates must be at least 16 years old with a nationally recognized Lifeguard Certification, and must demonstrate a commitment to the Y core values of caring, honesty, respect and responsibility.
-Our Greenville branch is looking for lifeguards for all shifts, primarily our opening shift (4:45 am- approximately 8:00 am), as well as those with availability in the later morning and early afternoon.
Qualified applicants can submit application at either Darke County YMCA branch, or send to Sam Casalano, CEO, at firstname.lastname@example.org
-Our Versailles branch is looking for a daytime lifeguard for between 16-20 hours per week.
Applicants for Versailles may send application/resume to Cole De’Nise (Versailles) at email@example.com
FRONT DESK MEMBER SERVICES ASSOCIATE – Greenville
The Front Desk Customer Service staff should display the Y values of caring, honesty, respect, and responsibility. They will greet and assist all members, guests and program participants. They will interact with the members and uphold the member experience standards. They will be the daily point of contact for members, determining their needs and offering solutions to meet these needs. They will be responsible for providing a high level of customer service to Y members, program participants and guests.
Scope and Responsibilities:
- Greet and welcome members.
- Actively interact and engage with members and prospects to determine needs; directing to the appropriate lead (i.e. Membership Director, Program Director, etc) when necessary.
- Handle member requests and questions; problem solving.
- Gather and record member data in member profiles.
- Facilitate member-to-member engagement.
- Maintain cleanliness and organization of front desk area and lobby.
- Provides information and assistance related to membership rates, programs, services, scholarships and other Y amenities.
- Prepares member records and issues membership ID cards and handles registration/enrollment transactions.
- Assist with membership business and administrative tasks.
- Support the YMCA’s mission and center operations as needed.
- Report any items that may provide a health or safety hazard to staff, members or guests to the maintenance staff.
- Greet all guests as they enter the facility and adhere to sign-in/out, guest, visitor, monitoring youth in the facility and other relevant policies and procedures. Report any suspicious behavior and violations of policy and procedures to your supervisor.
- Must be able to work some evenings and weekends.
- Must have high school diploma or GED and basic knowledge of computers.
- Must be able to work in highly flexible, rapidly changing work environment
- Must have excellent written and verbal communications skills.
- Applicants should apply in person or send resume to Cole DeNise at firstname.lastname@example.org
The YMCA of Darke County is hiring swim lesson instructors. Candidate should bring a positive attitude and desire excellence. Must enjoy interacting with children and have ability to lift a small child.
Swim lesson instructors will provide direct leadership, instruction and motivation for students in swimming classes, and should also have the ability to communicate information on Y programs effectively and positively with members, parents and students.
Experience helpful but not required; the YMCA will provide training.
Salary commensurate with experience.
Qualified applicants can submit application/resume at 301 Wagner Avenue or send to Mitchell Bosse, Aquatics Director, at email@example.com
GYMNASTICS INSTRUCTOR- Greenville
The YMCA of Darke County, Greenville branch, is hiring a gymnastics instructor. Candidate must bring positive attitude and desire excellence. Ideal candidate should have tumbling and/or gymnastics experience and must enjoy interacting with children. Candidate should be able to provide quality experience to children and parents that focuses on the YMCA values: honesty, respect, responsibility, and caring.
Qualified applicants can apply in person or send resume to Sam Casalano at firstname.lastname@example.org
CLEANING CREW- Greenville
Cleaning staff members are needed for night shifts at our Greenville location.
Responsibilities include thoroughly cleaning facility, locker rooms, restrooms, floors, workout equipment, etc.
Prior experience not necessary, but preferred.
Qualified applicants can submit application and/or resume at 301 Wagner Avenue, or send to Cole DeNise, Director, Membership and VE Operations, at email@example.com
GROUP EXERCISE INSTRUCTORS/WELLNESS COACHES
We are looking for individuals who are willing and able to lead groups in a safe, effective and fun exercise class! At this time we are taking applications for Silver Sneaker instructors for both our Greenville and Versailles locations.
Candidates should have prior experience taking a variety of group exercise classes, and some experience teaching would be helpful, but is not required. Information on Silver Sneakers Instructor Certification can be found at: https://instructor.tivityhealth.com/
We are also hiring a certified YOGA instructor, and we are searching for a group exercise instructor who could lead a boot-camp style, high intensity exercise class.
Wellness Coaches are able to help members learn to use the Y’s equipment and help members learn about various programs and classes at the Y that may help them achieve their health and wellness goals.
Qualified candidates may submit application in person at either Darke County YMCA location.