YMCA employees who average at least 10 hours per week may be eligible for free or discounted membership and discounts on programs.
Versailles and Greenville branches
The YMCA of Darke County is hiring lifeguards.
Lifeguards are responsible for the supervision & safety of swimmers in the swimming pool. Qualified candidates must be at least 16 years old with a nationally recognized Lifeguard Certification, and must demonstrate a commitment to the Y core values of caring, honesty, respect and responsibility. Training is available to the right candidates.
*Our Versailles branch is looking for a daytime lifeguard for between 16-20 hours per week.
*Our Greenville branch is looking for lifeguards for our opening shift. We also have morning and early shift availability.
Qualified applicants can apply in person or send resume to firstname.lastname@example.org
CHILD DEVELOPMENT CENTER TEACHER
Versailles and Greenville branches
The YMCA Child Development Center is seeking candidates to fill a part-time teacher position. Qualified candidate will provide quality experience to children and parents that focuses on the YMCA values of honesty, respect, responsibility, and caring. High school diploma required, experience with children in a developmental setting preferred.
Candidate must have the ability to demonstrate and/or show competency in the following areas:
- Supervising youth and presenting positive role modeling through all interactions with program participants.
- To meet program goals as outlined in the YMCA Childcare Policies and Procedures Manual.
- To keep confidences, loyalties and practice professionalism.
- Be reliable and dependable.
- Work a flexible schedule to meet program staffing/planning needs.
- Exercise mature judgment and sound decision making.
- Communicate effectively both orally and in writing.
Qualified applicants can apply in person or submit resume to Tyler Roberts at email@example.com
MANAGER ON DUTY
The Manager on Duty supervises our entire facility during scheduled shift and enforces guidelines among members, guests, program participants and staff. The MOD delivers excellent service to all members, guests, and program participants, responds to member and guest needs, promotes memberships and programs, and maintains cleanliness and organization of the facility.
- Monitors the entire facility including the Wellness Center, weight room, gyms, tracks, hallways, locker rooms and Member Services desk areas. Enforces building rules and member code of conduct. Addresses incidents or violations immediately, in an assertive, yet professional and courteous manner.
- Prior to closing time, assures that the closing procedures are completed. Secures the building by checking all outside doors to make sure they are locked. Walks through the facility to assure that everyone is out, towels, balls and garbage, etc. is picked up, final laundry loads are complete, all lights are turned off and doors locked.
- Provides excellent service to members, guests, and program participants in the Y and on the phone, contributing to member retention. Greets each member, making them feel welcome. Learns and uses member names and thanks them. Assists Member Services staff with assisting members, guests and participants as needed.
- Has working knowledge of all emergency procedures, understands the Manager on Duty’s role during an emergency, and responds to emergency situations immediately in accordance with YMCA policies and procedures. Keeps radio on and with them at all times. Completes related incident reports as required.
We are looking for someone who displays the YMCA values of caring, honesty, respect and responsibility. Excellent interpersonal and problem solving skills required. Supervisory experience preferred but not required. Previous customer service, sales or related experience preferred. Candidate must also possess the ability to effectively address issues and enforce guidelines, and to relate effectively to a diverse groups of people from all social and economic segments of the community. Basic knowledge of computers is also helpful.
Questions and/or applications and resumes should be directed to Tyler Roberts, Greenville, at firstname.lastname@example.org
Our Versailles Branch is looking to fill a part-time position for our Child Watch staff. Child Watch is a babysitting service for members to use while they are in the Y. Qualified candidate should enjoy working with children and demonstrate the Y character values of caring, honesty, respect and responsibility.
Child Watch hours in Greenville are M-F 8:30am – 11:30am and M-TH 4:00pm – 8:00pm. Applicants should apply in person or send resume to Tyler Roberts at email@example.com
The YMCA of Darke County, Greenville branch, is hiring a gymnastics instructor. Candidate must bring positive attitude and desire excellence. Ideal candidate should have tumbling and/or gymnastics experience and must enjoy interacting with children. Candidate should be able to provide quality experience to children and parents that focuses on the YMCA values: honesty, respect, responsibility, and caring.
Qualified applicants can apply in person or send resume to Tyler Roberts at firstname.lastname@example.org
Part-Time Cleaning Staff members are sought at our Greenville location. Responsibilities include thoroughly cleaning facility, locker rooms, restrooms, floors, workout equipment, etc. Prior experience not necessary, but preferred. Positions available are during 3rd shift hours (12am-5am), 3-5 days per week, and some weekends.
Qualified applicants can apply in person or submit resume to Tyler Roberts at email@example.com.