YMCA employees who average at least 10 hours per week may be eligible for free or discounted membership and discounts on programs.
We are in immediate need of certified lifeguards at our Greenville location.
Nationally recognized Lifeguard Certification required.
Lifeguards are responsible for the supervision & safety of swimmers in the swimming pool. Qualified candidates must be at least 16 years old with a nationally recognized Lifeguard Certification, and must demonstrate a commitment to the Y core values of caring, honesty, respect and responsibility.
-Our Greenville branch is looking for lifeguards for all shifts, primarily our opening shift (4:45 am- approximately 8:00 am), as well as those with availability in the later morning and early afternoon.
Qualified applicants can submit application at either Darke County YMCA branch, or send to Sam Casalano, CEO, at email@example.com
-Our Versailles branch is looking for a daytime lifeguard for between 16-20 hours per week.
Applicants for Versailles may send application/resume to Cole De’Nise (Versailles) at firstname.lastname@example.org
The YMCA of Darke County is looking for a qualified individual to oversee its aquatics department. Current lifeguard certification is required for the position; applicant must have current certification OR obtain within 30 days of hire. The Y will help train the right person. Full time position; supervisory experience preferred.
SUMMARY: The Aquatics Coordinator ensures the successful operation of the Aquatics Department. They serve as the aquatic expert during swim lessons, provide leadership and development of Aquatics Department staff, and ensure a high-quality aquatic experience.
FUNCTIONS: Facilitates communication and provides leadership which includes ensuring 100% staff coverage for all scheduled shifts and programs.
Coordinates training in CPR, First Aid, Lifeguarding, as needed.
Records, reports and ensures the accuracy of all aquatic records.
Assists with program activities as needed.
Maintains all instructional equipment, including proper usage and storage of class materials.
Assures compliance with state and local regulations. Ensures that program and membership standards are met and safety procedures are followed.
Organizes and assists with special events for members, participants and families.
Competitive pay rate offered; pay rate commensurate with experience. Submit application and resume in person at the YMCA of Darke County, 301 Wagner Ave., or send to Sam Casalano at email@example.com
FRONT DESK MEMBER SERVICES ASSOCIATE – Greenville
The Front Desk Customer Service staff should display the Y values of caring, honesty, respect, and responsibility. They will greet and assist all members, guests and program participants. They will interact with the members and uphold the member experience standards. They will be the daily point of contact for members, determining their needs and offering solutions to meet these needs. They will be responsible for providing a high level of customer service to Y members, program participants and guests.
Scope and Responsibilities:
- Greet and welcome members.
- Actively interact and engage with members and prospects to determine needs; directing to the appropriate lead (i.e. Membership Director, Program Director, etc) when necessary.
- Handle member requests and questions; problem solving.
- Gather and record member data in member profiles.
- Facilitate member-to-member engagement.
- Maintain cleanliness and organization of front desk area and lobby.
- Provides information and assistance related to membership rates, programs, services, scholarships and other Y amenities.
- Prepares member records and issues membership ID cards and handles registration/enrollment transactions.
- Assist with membership business and administrative tasks.
- Support the YMCA’s mission and center operations as needed.
- Report any items that may provide a health or safety hazard to staff, members or guests to the maintenance staff.
- Greet all guests as they enter the facility and adhere to sign-in/out, guest, visitor, monitoring youth in the facility and other relevant policies and procedures. Report any suspicious behavior and violations of policy and procedures to your supervisor.
- Must be able to work some evenings and weekends.
- Must have high school diploma or GED and basic knowledge of computers.
- Must be able to work in highly flexible, rapidly changing work environment
- Must have excellent written and verbal communications skills.
- Applicants should apply in person or send resume to Cole DeNise at firstname.lastname@example.org
The YMCA of Darke County is hiring swim lesson instructors. Candidate should bring a positive attitude and desire excellence. Must enjoy interacting with children and have ability to lift a small child.
Swim lesson instructors will provide direct leadership, instruction and motivation for students in swimming classes, and should also have the ability to communicate information on Y programs effectively and positively with members, parents and students.
Experience helpful but not required; the YMCA will provide training.
Salary commensurate with experience.
Qualified applicants can submit application/resume at 301 Wagner Avenue or send to Mitchell Bosse, Aquatics Director, at email@example.com
GYMNASTICS INSTRUCTOR- Greenville
The YMCA of Darke County, Greenville branch, is hiring a gymnastics instructor. Candidate must bring positive attitude and desire excellence. Ideal candidate should have tumbling and/or gymnastics experience and must enjoy interacting with children. Candidate should be able to provide quality experience to children and parents that focuses on the YMCA values: honesty, respect, responsibility, and caring.
Qualified applicants can apply in person or send resume to Sam Casalano at firstname.lastname@example.org
CLEANING CREW- Greenville
Cleaning staff members are needed for night shifts at our Greenville location.
Responsibilities include thoroughly cleaning facility, locker rooms, restrooms, floors, workout equipment, etc.
Prior experience not necessary, but preferred.
Qualified applicants can submit application and/or resume at 301 Wagner Avenue, or send to Cole DeNise, Director, Membership and VE Operations, at email@example.com
GROUP EXERCISE INSTRUCTORS
We are looking for individuals who are willing and able to lead groups in a safe, effective and fun exercise class! At this time we are taking applications for Silver Sneaker instructors for both our Greenville and Versailles locations.
Candidates should have prior experience taking a variety of group exercise classes, and some experience teaching would be helpful, but is not required. Information on Silver Sneakers Instructor Certification can be found at: https://instructor.tivityhealth.com/
We are also hiring a certified YOGA instructor, and we are searching for a group exercise instructor who could lead a boot-camp style, high intensity exercise class.
Qualified candidates may submit application in person at either Darke County YMCA location.