Temporary Adjustments and Restrictions Due To COVID-19
Dear Members, Guests, Staff & Volunteers,
The YMCA of Darke County is committed to providing a safe and enjoyable experience for everyone who passes through our doors. Your health and welfare are paramount to us.
Due to Covid-19 concerns and the newly released government restrictions, the YMCA of Darke County will immediately institute the following temporary restrictions and adjustments to normal operations until April 4th or when Gov. Mike DeWine lifts the State of Emergency declaration:
- No guest passes will be sold until further notice.
- No outside rentals will be permitted during this time.
- Youth members under age 10 must have a parent or adult with them while they are in the YMCA facilities at all times. No exceptions.
- Previously scheduled No-School Day programs are canceled.
- All competitive swim team practices and swim team meets are suspended. Gymnastic team meets have been postponed until further notice.
- Babysitting services will continue to be offered in the YMCA Child Watch Programs at each branch as long as we are able to maintain appropriate staff-to-child ratios. The program could be suspended if a Darke County resident tests positive for the Covid-19 virus.
- All drinking fountains will be turned off. Members will need to bring water with them.
- SilverSneakers and other senior adult exercise programs will continue, but due to the higher susceptibility of the senior population to the Covid-19 virus, it is recommended that anyone participating in the programs use their discretion regarding coming to the YMCA during this time.
While no one can predict with certainty how our region will be impacted by the coronavirus, we are monitoring the situation and will respond accordingly. We will do our best to keep our members as informed as we can in this rapidly developing situation. Our staff will exercise extra diligence to ensure a safe and healthy environment. Several signs have been posted throughout the facilities outlining additional precautions that should be taken.
Thank you for helping us create a healthy environment by adopting and following the necessary precautions and for your patience as we work together to overcome this new challenge.
Sam Casalano, CEO