Swim Team Information for New and Returning Team Members
For New Members: What is the Darke County Y’s swim team all about?
For Returning Team Members: See Zoom Meeting information below.
The Darke County Sharks swim team is a competitive swim team offering training and practice groups for swimmers of all ages and ability levels.
It is the goal of the DCY Sharks to offer ability-level specific training for all of our athletes, geared towards challenging each individual and developing each individual to the best of THEIR abilities.
If you are new to swim team and interested in learning more, you should register to come to one of our evaluation week time slots.
DATES: Monday, Sept. 28 – Friday, Oct. 2
TIME: 6:30-7:30 PM
LOCATION: M/T/TH/F at the Greenville Branch; W at the Versailles Branch
WHO: New Team Members
- Evaluation week has taken the place of try it week this year due to COVID-19. The necessary precautionary steps are being taken to minimize large gatherings while ensuring social distancing is promoted.
- Lane reservations are required for evaluation week. For reservations, please call Greenville at 937 548 3777 or Versailles at 937 526 4488.
- If the swimmer is not able to keep a reserved time, please call the Y to cancel. This will help us accommodate other potential team members.
- Lanes will have a maximum of three athletes per lane.
- Masks or face coverings are required to be worn in the Y and should remain on before and after the evaluation, including in all locker rooms.
- Swimmers are to follow social distancing procedures at all times.
- Hand sanitizer is located at all entrances. Swimmers should use hand sanitizer or wash hands prior to entering pool area.
- Drop off and pick up of swimmers should be as close to the reserved time as possible.
- Parents should wait in their vehicles unless they need to enter the facility for something other than drop off/pick up.
- When possible, swimmers should arrive with suits on and leave with suits on. The team is trying to minimize locker room usage at this time to reduce contact points. The Y knows this will not always be possible.
For Returning Team Members:
ZOOM Parent Meeting – Wed. September 30, 6PM
Meeting ID: 892 441 8404 Password: ymca1
This meeting is to provide parents of returning and new swimmers with details regarding the season such as:
- practice times
- swim meets
- COVID-19 precautions
- team fees
Questions about swim team may be directed to Erica Hicks, Program Director, at email@example.com or 397 548 3777.