Re-Opening- More Areas Opening Soon!
The YMCA of Darke County in Greenville reopened to members on June 1, with the Versailles branch reopening on June 4. The initial process went smoothly, and as a result, we are happy to announce that more of the amenities will be made available on a faster timeline than expected.
Beginning Monday, June 8, the walking tracks and the adult locker rooms will be added to the areas available for use, and reservations no longer will be required for open areas. Capacity will still be limited, and members who have already made reservations will be given priority for the available spaces.
Showers will remain closed, per state recommendations, but members will now be able to change clothes on site. The saunas, located within the Greenville locker rooms, also will not yet be available for use.
As of Monday, the available wellness amenities will be the strength, cardio and free weight equipment; tennis and pickleball, with members bringing their own equipment; the walking track; and the adult locker rooms. All other areas will remain closed until further notice.
Virtual group exercise classes continue to be added and are available free to the public on the YMCA Facebook page at www.facebook.com/ymcadarkecounty and also on the website at www.ymcadarkecounty.org. New videos available include the full content of the just-completed Safety Around Water program for children. Virtual soccer and basketball instruction for kids will be offered on Mondays and Thursdays, respectively, through the month of June.
Revised guidelines are as follows:
Strength, cardio, free weight rooms:
- Reservations are no longer required. Previous reservations made for later dates will be given priority. Room capacity still will be limited, so spaces will be available on a first-come, first-served basis.
-Greenville Aerobic Studio (ellipticals and bikes): 10 Person Capacity
-Greenville Strength Room (circuit strength machines): 12 Person Capacity
-Greenville Cardio Room (treadmills): 7 Person Capacity
-Greenville Weight Room (free weight equipment): 12 Person Capacity
-Greenville Track: 15 Person Capacity
-Versailles Lobby (spin and recumbent bikes): 6 Person Capacity
-Versailles Multi-Purpose Room (ellipticals): 4 Person Capacity
-Versailles Strength Room (Cybex strength machines): 9 Person Capacity
-Versailles Cardio Room (treadmills): 4 Person Capacity
-Versailles Weight Room (free weight equipment): 8 Person Capacity
-Versailles Track: 12 Person Capacity
- Members are asked to maintain 6 feet of social distancing.
- Staff will be designated to each area for proper sanitation of the rooms and equipment.
- Equipment will be taken out of service between uses for proper sanitation, which may increase wait times. Please be patient as we try to provide the safest possible environment.
Tennis and pickleball
- Reservations are no longer required. Previously made reservations will be given priority.
- Members must bring their own equipment (nets are provided).
- Runners and walkers will move in the same direction. Arrows will be posted to designate the appropriate direction each day.
- Walkers will use the interior lane and runners will use the exterior lane.
- Members will be ask to maintain 6 feet of social distancing whenever possible.
- Staff will be wiping down the track and stairwell railings with sanitizing solution every two hours, per CDC guidelines.
- Benches will be removed from the track area to minimize gathering.
- Capacity on the walking track will be limited to 15 in Greenville and 10 in Versailles at a time.
- Members are reminded to be courteous and respect the comfort and safety of others using the facilities.
- Adult locker rooms will be available. Showers and saunas in the locker rooms will remain closed until further notice.
- Lockers, sinks, toilets and changing areas will be available. Members are asked to minimize time spent in the locker rooms as much as possible, and are not to gather and socialize in the locker rooms.
- Staff will sanitize locker room surfaces every two hours.
We’re so excited to be able to speed up our timeline for reopening the various amenities of our Y, and greatly appreciate the cooperation and patience shown by our members! Thank you for being a part of our Y family!