Covid Policy Updates
Policy changes effective Monday, June 7
(See updated Child Watch hours and information below)
With the lifting of most of the health mandates statewide on June 2, the YMCA of Darke County will be implementing the following policy changes beginning Monday, June 7:
- Masks will be STRONGLY RECOMMENDED but no longer mandatory for members.
- Masks will remain MANDATORY for staff in all public areas until further notice.
- Social distancing is still STRONGLY RECOMMENDED for both staff and members.
- Guest passes will again be permitted under our previous policies and rates. Guests are permitted only if accompanied by an adult member (18 and up). Any individual is limited to THREE visits as a guest per calendar year.
- Nationwide membership privileges will again be permitted under previous policies. Nationwide membership policy requires that members use their HOME Y for more than 50% of their total usage. Frequent nationwide users will have their usage confirmed. Those using the DCY for most of their usage will be advised to move their membership to the DCY or potentially be denied entry here.
- Walk-in participation will be permitted in group exercise classes for MEMBERS ONLY. Priority will always be given to registered class participants.
- Class sizes will return to pre-Covid capacity limits.
- Use of fans will be permitted in all spaces as before. (Low speed only)
- Cleaning supplies and sanitation stations will remain readily available.
- Members and guests will continue to be required to wipe down equipment after use.
- Instructors and class participants will continue to clean equipment after class.
- SilverSneakers(R) classes return.
- SilverSneakers(R) luncheons will NOT be held yet. We will revisit this subject later on when we get a better idea of how things are trending.
- Popcorn and coffee will NOT return in the lobbies yet, and the tables and chairs will not be returned to the lobbies yet. We will revisit this later.
- The equipment temporarily relocated to the lobby spaces will remain there until further notice to help maintain distancing recommendations.
- Hot tubs, saunas and steam rooms will reopen.
- Child Watch will re-open. Children are limited to 1.5 hours in Child Watch per day.
- Greenville Child Watch hours: Monday-Saturday, 8:30 AM- 11:30 AM, and Monday-Thursday, 4:30 PM-8:00 PM. Reservations not necessary for Greenville Child Watch.
- Versailles Child Watch hours: Monday-Friday, 9:00 AM- 11:00 AM, and Monday-Thursday, 4:30 PM-8:00 PM. Reservations are needed for Versailles Child Watch, so please call 937 526 4488 to reserve a time.