Code of Conduct
The YMCA of Darke County is committed to providing a safe and welcoming environment for all members and guests. To promote safety and comfort for all, we ask individuals to act appropriately at all times when they are in our facility or participating in our programs. Our Code of Conduct does not permit any language or action that can hurt or frighten another person, or that falls below a generally accepted standard of conduct. Specifically, this includes:
• Clothing, jewelry, patches, or buttons with inappropriate statements, including sexual innuendoes, the explicit avocation of violence, or the advertisement or implication of tobacco, alcohol, drugs, or related paraphernalia is prohibited.
• No bare chests, backs, or midriffs.
• Angry or vulgar language, including swearing, name calling, or shouting.
•Physical conduct with another person in an angry or threatening way.
•Any demonstration of sexual activity or sexual contact with another person.
•Harassment or intimidation by words, gestures, body language, or any other menacing behavior.
•Theft or behavior that results in the destruction of property.
•Carrying or concealing any weapons, devices or objects which may be used as weapons.
Members and guests are responsible for their personal safety and comfort and they should ask any person whose behavior threatens their safety or comfort to stop the offending behavior. Any member or guest who feels uncomfortable doing so should report the behavior to a staff person or Building Supervisor on duty.
To ensure the safety and well-being of all employees, members and other visitors, the YMCA of Darke County reserves the right to inspect and/or search all areas of the Y and a person’s belongings or vehicle under appropriate circumstances.
• Security cameras are installed at various locations within the Y. Activities displayed by these cameras are monitored and recorded.
• Personal video recorders, cameras, or any other visual recording devices are not allowed within the Y without the written consent of the Executive Director. Anyone caught taking pictures of another person without their permission and knowledge
will be prosecuted to the full extent of the law by the Y and their membership may be terminated. Some cellular phones have the ability to take pictures. For your own safety and the safety of others, please be aware if someone is using a cell phone
within your vicinity.
• Persons listed and confirmed as a registered sex offender will be denied and/or terminated from membership at the Y.
Members and guests should not hesitate to notify a staff person with any concerns or questions.In order to carry out these policies, we ask that members and guests identify themselves when asked. While the YMCA of Darke County is a non-profit organization, it is still a private establishment. Suspension or termination of membership benefits, or loss of guest privileges, may result from a determination by the Executive Director if, in his discretion, a violation of the Code of Conduct has occurred or if any person behaves in a manner that is not consistent with the mission or values of the Y.
The YMCA of Darke County appreciates your understanding and support.