Aquatics Coordinator Wanted
We are accepting applications for the position of AQUATICS COORDINATOR at our Greenville location. This is a position with potential for full time employment, with competitive wages and benefits.
The Aquatics Coordinator ensures the successful operation of the Aquatics Department. They serve as the aquatic expert during swim lessons, provide leadership and development of Aquatics Department staff, and ensure a high-quality aquatic experience.
- Develops, implements, and manages aspects of programs and program growth.
- Facilitates communication and provides leadership which includes ensuring 100% staff coverage for all scheduled shifts and programs.
- Models relationship-building skills in all interactions.
- Coordinates training in CPR, First Aid, Lifeguarding, as needed.
- Records, reports and ensures the accuracy of all aquatic records.
- Assists with program activities as needed.
- Maintains all instructional equipment, including proper usage and storage of class materials.
- Assures compliance with state and local regulations. Ensures that program and membership standards are met and safety procedures are followed.
- Organizes special events for participants and families.
- Must have current BLS, First Aid and Oxygen certifications or willingness to obtain within 30 days.
- YMCA Lifeguard or equivalent certification preferred.
- Must have knowledge of basic swimming strokes and the ability to demonstrate each skill effectively.
- Must have proficient computer skills.
- Must be at least 18 years of age.
WORK ENVIRONMENT AND PHYSICAL DEMANDS:
- Ability to relate effectively to diverse groups of people from all social and economic segments of the community.
- Physical ability to respond quickly in emergency: regular kneeling, bending, or sitting.
- Ability to lift and carry up to 25 lbs.
- Must be able to handle multiple tasks.
- Ability to establish and maintain harmonious relationships with staff, volunteers, members, and program participants.
Qualified candidates should submit application and resume in person at 301 Wagner Ave or send to Sam Casalano at email@example.com